For many years, administrators, board members, and community members have talked about creating an organization that would help to support the efforts of the School District of Brown Deer.
In late 2013, serious discussion took place and the planning started. In July 2014, the Education Foundation of Brown Deer, Inc., a 501(c)3 non-profit organization was created to provide a way for individuals, businesses, and organizations to share resources and gifts with the Brown Deer School community.
The Education Foundation of Brown Deer is committed to advancing educational opportunities for students, families, and staff of the Brown Deer School District
For more information about the School District, please visit their website: browndeerschools.com
Accomplishments, Our first three years (2014-2017)
- Provided funds to enhance educational opportunities for our students totaling $174,500
- Early Childhood Literacy: $12,500
- Books for distribution to students: $23,700
- Career Exploration and Readiness: $7,800
- Grants to teachers and staff: $45,000
- College scholarships: $59,500
The Education Foundation of Brown Deer is a non-profit, tax-exempt charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law.
- Sponsored several special events:
- Around the Corner with John McGivern
- Family Fun in the Fieldhouse
- Ride to School on a Firetruck
- Touch A Truck
- Industry Partner Breakfast – Tech Ed
- Merged the Brown Deer Scholarship Fund into the Education Foundation in 2015